ceoSteveJobs Steve Jobs (on Twitter 1/2/11) Apple Stores will open on a two-hour delay tomorrow to let employees sleep in. This is in no way related to the iPhone alarm clock glitch.
I think all businesses should take this approach, because obviously none of us can function without our iPhones. I can’t.
Which is why I would just like to thank my dad for being extra loud this morning. Even though I had heard about the iPhone alarm glitch on the news, for some reason I failed to proactively react the potential problem that this might pose for me. Instead, I just reset my alarms and went to bed. So no surprise my alarm(s) didn’t go off; alarms being plural because I have to set at least 4 due to my habitual snoozing.
I only woke up about a half hour late, but it seemed like I wasn’t the only one who was scurrying to make up for some lost time this morning. Traffic seemed a bit heavier in unusual spots. Like today, the school bus that always seems to fluster drivers caused a significantly larger traffic back-up than normal (you only get to experience this little frenzy if you aren’t on time to work because it picks the kids on SR43 up at 8am).
I am glad that I am not the only person who just happened to forget and/or ignore this little glitch. Next time I will just use my other alarm clock.
I think all businesses should take this approach, because obviously none of us can function without our iPhones. I can’t.
Which is why I would just like to thank my dad for being extra loud this morning. Even though I had heard about the iPhone alarm glitch on the news, for some reason I failed to proactively react the potential problem that this might pose for me. Instead, I just reset my alarms and went to bed. So no surprise my alarm(s) didn’t go off; alarms being plural because I have to set at least 4 due to my habitual snoozing.
I only woke up about a half hour late, but it seemed like I wasn’t the only one who was scurrying to make up for some lost time this morning. Traffic seemed a bit heavier in unusual spots. Like today, the school bus that always seems to fluster drivers caused a significantly larger traffic back-up than normal (you only get to experience this little frenzy if you aren’t on time to work because it picks the kids on SR43 up at 8am).
I am glad that I am not the only person who just happened to forget and/or ignore this little glitch. Next time I will just use my other alarm clock.
Happy New Year and 2 extra hours of sleep from Apple.
No comments:
Post a Comment