Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Little Christmas Present for the Guy That Sits by the Office Door.

You think I would learn growing up how to control my enthusiasm.

Some of the really important stuff I found out the hard way: On Christmas Eve you aren’t allowed to open all of your presents, you shouldn’t cut the bigger kids in line and you can’t tell somebody about their surprise party just because you are so excited about planning it. Blah, Blah, Blah. Ok, I get it.

The one concept I never did seem to grasp though, is not pulling on the door handle before/ during the time when your parents are pushing the unlock button.

To this day, I just can’t seem to help it. I don’t know if I feel like I have to get in the car first or if I am just hyperactive. But more often than not, I am the one standing out in the cold still yanking on the door handle a minute after everyone is already in the car. My dad would be screaming “Stop pulling on the door handle, god damnit.” Of course, in my defense, I would always say that I wasn’t, when really I almost just yanked it off.

Jump to 5 years later.

This morning, because it is in my nature to be over-zealous, I obviously yanked on the door handle while simultaneously swiping my keycard.

Then I walked into the door.

Lesson learned.

Happy Holidays Everyone :-)

1 comment: