Thursday, December 16, 2010

Search Engine Thursday is the New Friday...


This morning I woke up and I knew this was going to be the type of the day when I just decked someone for no reason. Like “Hey Sandi, goodmorn...” PUNCH. Some people would call this “Waking up on the wrong side of the bed.” I like to call it “Waking up anywhere other than Athens, Oh.”

Last Thursday when I was driving home from work, I was thinking about the possible origins of the saying “waking up on the wrong side of the bed”- probably because of a grouchy co-worker. So of course I did the only thing that one can do when they have a dire need to find answers – I Googled it:

“This expression alludes to the ancient superstition that it was bad luck to put one's left foot down first.” – This seemed to be the general consensus from all the scholarly Wikipedia articles I checked out.

The feeling of satisfaction that came from conquering yet another Google adventure was short lived. When I looked up from my computer, I noticed my brother (home on winter break from college) texting away to make plans for the night. It hit me.

Shit, it is Thirsty Thursday.

I used to schedule my classes so I wouldn’t have any on Friday specifically for this occasion.

This made me depressed, so I went to bed. ….at 9:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment