Driving home from Cleveland after a full day of work and a workout usually leaves me wishing I had brought a post-workout snack. By the time I get to Streetsboro, about 10 minutes from where I live, I am basically drooling as I pass the Chipotle. This means by the time I actually make it home, I am so hungry that I demolish dinner. Thus, I have successfully negated my workout and probably tacked on some additional calories.
This morning, however, I was running late. So, on the way out I grabbed a box of Special K and ate a few handfuls on the turnpike while driving to work.
Shift to hours later when I get back in my car to drive home and SCORE! Special K.
I didn't realize the joy that a simple box of cereal could bring. I was so happy to have a snack on for the ride home I couldn't help but think of the endless possibilities keeping something in my car could bring.
It might help curve my post-workout hunger, make me eat less when I got home and maybe I would actually see some results from all that damn cardio. I was realizing the possibilities!
.......What I didn't realize was that during this nice little day dream of mine I was:
1. Shoving cereal in my mouth, spilling it on the floor and probably not saving any calories.
2. Driving less than 55MPH on the highway. During rush hour. And probably getting flipped the bird as cars flew by on both sides.
Yep, today. I am, THE asshole.
Love this one. So true
ReplyDeleteAnd by so true I mean so true for me..reguarly. not just you. haha
ReplyDelete