Everything constantly reminds me that I am getting older. This past weekend I had my first Saturday night co-ed men's/woman's soccer league game.
Not intramural. Not club soccer. Not U-17............Men's and Women's. On a Saturday night.
Gross.
I must say it was weird running around NC in Hudson; these are the same soccer fields I spent 15 years of my life playing on. This time, however, instead of gracefully scoring goals, I was flailing around, awkward and out of shape .
Plus, I don't think a few years ago you could have yanked me off the field without protest. I wanted to be in on the action. Now, we sub ourselves out as often as possible to slow our racing hearts and to grab a quick brewski before we head back in.
Serving as an additional reminder that is not the same soccer I used to play in my glory days is the muscle soreness that hasn't subsided 4 days later.
The only thing that hasn't changed since the time of my first rec soccer team back in preschool, the team name.
We are, "The Strikers"
Thanks Grace, as if we didn't look dumb enough already.
Bahahahaaaaa. Love this. Thanks for the shout out! haha
ReplyDelete